Back to School Challenge Half-Marathon
Are you taking on the Back to School Challenge and fundraising to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC? Double your donation, reach your 2020 fitness goals, and take on the challenge of running the BTS Challenge Half-Marathon hosted by Workplace Mentoring Program Manager, Taylor! Join us on Saturday, October 3rd, 2020 at Prospect Park at 8:00am.
For additional information on the BTS Challenge Half-Marathon, please contact Special Events Manager, Lulu Chu at email@example.com.
How to Participate:
To qualify for the BTS Challenge Half-Marathon, we are asking all runners to make a minimum $100 donation or fundraise at least $100 through their personal fundraising page on the BTS Challenge website. Encourage your network of friends and family to sponsor you—by asking five friends to donate just $20 each, you can reach the minimum donation goal. Even challenge your network to fundraise and run in the BTS Challenge Half-Marathon with you!
Join Program Manager, Taylor at a training session in McCarren Park Track to train for the BTS Challenge Half-Marathon! All runners should meet at the corner of N. 12th Street and Driggs Avenue outside of McCarren Park.
- Friday, September 18th 7:00am (Easy Run: 30 min run/body weight exercises)
- Wednesday, September 23rd 6:30am (Medium Run: 60 min/stretch)
- Monday, September 28th 6:00am (Long Distance: 90 min run/stretch)
McCarren Park Track
769 Lorimer Street, Brooklyn, NY 11222
All runners should meet the corner of N. 12th Street and Driggs Avenue outside of McCarren Park. The closest subway stations are the L train at Bedford Avenue, the G train at Metropolitan Avenue, and the J,M,Z trains at Marcy Avenue. Search for the McCarren Park Track in Google Maps.
If you plan to join Taylor at a training session or at the Half-Marathon, you must email her beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Regulations & Guidelines
- All runners must be over 18 years old.
- All runners should wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth. Runners should not remove their masks while participating in the BTS Challenge Half-Marathon or any associated training sessions.
- All runners should participate in social distancing, maintaining at least six feet between each runner throughout the event.
- Runners should not participate if they are sick or have exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of the half-marathon or training session date. If you believe you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have had contact with someone who has been exposed to COVID-19, please do not participate. Please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html to learn more about COVID-19 symptoms.
- Runners are not required to run the entire distance of any training session or half-marathon. Please consult your physician or other health care professional before engaging in any kind of fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs.
BTS Challenge Half-Marathon Route
The Half-Marathon course consists of 4 loops around Prospect Park. The route begins by the Lefrak Ice Skating Rink and finishes by the Greek Shelter / Peristyle. The Half-Marathon is on Saturday, October 3rd at 8:00am.
The LeFrak Center at Lakeside Prospect Park
171 East Drive, Brooklyn, NY 11225
The closest access point to the half-marathon start is from Parkside Avenue by the LeFrak Skating Rink. You may also enter through Park Circle on Prospect Park Southwest. The closest subway stops to the race start are the F,G trains to Fort Hamilton Parkway Station and the Q train to Parkside Avenue Station. Search for the LeFrak Skating Rink in Google Maps.