How You Make an Impact
Encourage your family, friends, colleagues, and network to join in the fun or sponsor your efforts as you help ignite the potential of NYC’s youth.
Make an impact at Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC: DONATE NOW
$500: Provides a book stipend for one student for one year--a cost most often overlooked/not covered by financial aid.
$275: Provides SAT pre- and post-prep for high school juniors for one year.
$200: Provides a FAFSA workshop for high school seniors and their families to guide them through completing their FAFSA.
$130: Sponsors one Big/Little Match to participate in the 2021 Big-Little Challenge.
$50: Supports a Big/Little Match outing (visiting NYC landmarks, a sporting event, or cultural activity).
A Few Quick Facts
- Every year, BBBS of NYC serves over 5,000 young people with the support and friendship of a caring adult mentor. 55% are female and 45% are male.
- We provide over 122,250 hours of mentoring every year.
- 63% of Littles come from single-parent households.
- 27% of Littles reside in the Bronx, 28% reside in Manhattan, 28% reside in Brooklyn, 14% reside in Queens, and 2% reside in Staten Island.
- 97% of Littles are promoted to the next grade.
- 93% of Littles who graduate are accepted into college.
- 3 out of 4 Littles will become the first in their family to attend college.