How You Make an Impact
Encourage your family, friends, colleagues, and network to join in the fun or sponsor your efforts as you help ignite the potential of NYC’s youth.
Make an impact at Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC: DONATE NOW
|$3,500:||Supports a Match for one year.|
|$1,000:||Provides a college book scholarship to a Little for one year, ensuring they receive the necessary resources to succeed that are not usually covered by financial aid.|
|$500:||Supports the cost of a screening and background check that will allow two more volunteers to become a safe and effective mentor.|
|$130:||Sponsors one Big-Little match to compete in the Big-Little Challenge|
|$50:||Supports a Big-Little match outing (visiting NYC landmarks, a sporting event or cultural activity).|
A Few Quick Facts
- More than 1 in 4 (or 400,000) New York City children grow up in households below the federal poverty line.
- Every year, BBBS of NYC serves nearly 3,000 young people with the support and friendship of a mentor.
- 59% of Littles come from single-parent households.
- 25.2% of Littles reside in Brooklyn, 25.2% reside in Queens, 24% reside in Manhattan, 23.3% reside in the Bronx, and 2.3% reside in Staten Island.
- 97% of Littles are promoted to the next grade.
- 100% of high school Littles graduate high school.
- 90% of those who graduate are accepted into college, and 9% attend technical/vocational school, enlist in the military, or work
- 64% of college Littles are first in their family to attend college.
*based on collected data.