How You Make an Impact
Encourage your family, friends, colleagues, and network to join in the fun or sponsor your efforts as you help ignite the potential of NYC’s youth.
Make an impact at Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC: DONATE NOW
|$3,500:||Supports a Match for one year.|
|$1,000:||Provides a college book scholarship to a Little for one year, ensuring they receive the necessary resources to succeed that are not usually covered by financial aid.|
|$500:||Supports the cost of a screening and background check that will allow two more volunteers to become a safe and effective mentor.|
|$130:||Sponsors one Big-Little match to compete in the Big-Little Challenge|
|$50:||Supports a Big-Little match outing (visiting NYC landmarks, a sporting event or cultural activity).|
A Few Quick Facts
- There are 520,800 children living at or below the poverty level in New York City.
- Every year, BBBS of NYC serves over 5,000 young people with the support and friendship of a mentor. 55% are female and 45% are male.
- 63% of Littles come from single-parent households.
- 29% of Littles reside in the Bronx, 28% reside in Manhattan, 28% reside in Brooklyn, 13% reside in Queens, and 2% reside in Staten Island.
- 98% of Littles are promoted to the next grade.
- 98% of high school Littles graduate high school.
- 92% of those who graduate are accepted into college.
- 3 out of 4 Littles will become the first in their family to attend college.