Thank you for visiting our Walk for the Kids fundraising page! BNY Mellon is proud to sponsor the Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City Workplace Mentoring Program. This program is a collaborative effort between schools, corporations and BBBS of NYC, which introduces students to the world of business through a one-to-one relationship. Every other week, high school students meet with their Bigs on-site at BNY Mellon. This allows the youngsters to not only bond with an adult mentor, but also see what an office environment is like.
As a result, 98% of students completing the program want to go on to college, 97% report an improvement in school, and 96% report a clearer understanding of future career goals and aspirations. The program makes a difference!!!
Any amount that you donate will help BBBS of NYC change the lives of underserved children by providing them with caring adult mentors who help to expand their horizons and enrich their futures. Below is what your donation can support:
• $50: Supports a Mentoring Match outing (visiting NYC landmarks, a sporting event or cultural activity).
• $100: Provides mandatory training for one volunteer before being matched with a child.
• $500: Support a Little’s Educational Workshop (SAT Prep, college essay writing, and resume writing).
• $1,000: Provides comprehensive background checks for volunteers.
• $3,500: Supports a Big/Little mentoring relationship for a full year.